Sunday 8 January 2017

Gifts from Afar

Ooh, I'm a bit slow to get going this January!  Still no tatting at all but I'm enjoying knitting.

For this post, I just wanted to share a culinary delight:  not only beautiful to look at but tasty too!  I don't know if you remember my attempts at making springerle type biscuits?  I had never actually tried the real thing but a kind friend sent me some from Germany (amongst other lovely items too like the pretty crochet doily that the biscuits are on).

Here are a few of them...
several were eaten before I thought to take a photo!


I particularly like the star one
with the very intricate decorations...
so pretty!

The little brown spot is a seed
that was coming through the top of the biscuit.

I thought I didn't like the taste of aniseed but I have to say I enjoyed these very much.  I have a few left... but they're so beautiful, it's nearly a shame to eat them!

Thank you so much J. for the generous gifts.  I'm a lucky lady.  :-)

Best wishes,
Frivole

9 comments:

  1. Das sehe ich auch so! Diese wunderschönen Kekse sind (fast) zu Schade um sie zu essen! ;)
    Liebe Grüße von Conny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so beautiful, It's a shame to eat them at least you have a picture to remember them by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very thoughtful and beautiful gift! It's been a while since I've made Springerle. I do enjoy the process and the taste. With no one around to eat them except Dave and me, I haven't had much desire to get started. I've often thought that they would make beautiful Christmas ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got a picture before they disappeared they are beautiful 💟🌹💟

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cudowne ciasteczka, aż żal je zjadać.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You ARE lucky! I've always wanted to try making these, but I don't have such beautiful molds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ich freue mich, ihnen mit den Keksen eine Freude gemacht zu haben.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful and I can see why you would find it hard to eat them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!