Friday 3 November 2017

Beaded Twinkle and Updated Pattern

Two posts in one day!  But I wanted to let you know that I've now updated the pattern, still available from the same link.  It just shows how easy it is to make modifications and slightly change the look of a pattern with just a few stitches here and there.


Next I thought why not add a few beads...


And a last one in gold,
since it's a star
(real stars aren't gold though, are they?)

I added another stitch to the outer chains on that last one
so that there would be a bit more space around the beaded picots.
It now looks completely different from the original design...
still basically the same thing though!


I think I'll make a few more so I have extra to give away
when comes time to write my Christmas cards.

Best wishes,
Frivole

12 comments:

  1. I love this pattern every way! Thanks for your never-ending inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely awesome!!! :)
    I love the gold one!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the up date, also the gold one is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I think I need to tat a few more of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I hope you'll give the self-closing mock rings a try this time! :-)

      Delete
  5. Wunderschön, vor allem der goldfarbene Stern hat es mir angetan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh yes, the addition of beads makes them really twinkly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an exercise in how to attain perfection! I am quite taken with the one with blue beads, but I do like the shape of the final gold one! So generous of you to share the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is an old post, but I've been trying to get to the pattern every way I know how - it just keeps telling me to request permission :( is there another place or way to find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, please contact me at frivole@btinternet.com and I'll send you the pattern. I don't know why some people cannot download my patterns from Google.docs where they are stored. I've tried different things but I can't find a solution that works for everyone sadly.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!